Monday, December 3, 2012

Dear Santa, I can explain...

We took the kids to see Santa on Friday night. Zane has always LOVED Santa, or any character-type. I guess he got a little awestruck and froze when Santa asked what he wanted. "I want a...uh, uh, uh, uh, uh.....toys? Uh, uh, batman. And uh, uh, uh toys...."
Hollin has stranger anxiety, so I knew she was not going to tolerate this strange man holding her.
So this happened.
But then she thought that she might need to do a little explaining so that he wasn't mad at her.

Santa, Hollin is sorry that she cried. She really has been a good girl this year.

Matt and Zane headed to the grocery store parking lot to pick out a Christmas tree, but Zane wasn't having it. He wanted to "go to the forest!" So on Saturday the boys headed to Waunakee to pick out a tree.

I was kind of proud of his desire for things to be traditional. Until he decided that he didn't like my angel. "It has to be a star!" Fine. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a star. "It was supposed to be a YELLOW star!" He eventually accepted my new red star.

I also picked him out a new ornament. He was so proud of it that he took a picture of it. It did not actually make it onto the tree in one piece, but he did pick out the perfect spot for it. He said it was "so special".
Z asked me the other day if we had any socks. "You know, those big socks that you hang and Santa puts candy in them?" Hopefully the man in red will find us in Wisconsin again and fill up our 'socks' with candy.

 

No comments: