Cheese!…..sort of.Wink, wink.For real??The good ole ‘Popeye’ faceRoar! I’m a tiger.And a fish.The ‘Home Alone’ faceAnd my all time favorite…Mom, you crazy!
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Nineteen things about my nineteen month old:
1. He weighs 24.5lbs. He will eat like a little pig for a few days, and then the next few days I have to force feed him.
2. One way to force feed him is to ask him, “What does Teddy Ruxpin do?”
DeeDee found an old Teddy Ruxpin in a closet. His mouth was open and Zane carried him into the room with his mouth just like that. Now he does it everytime we ask what Teddy Ruxpin does. And then I shove food in his mouth.
3. He loves swimming. LOVES it. When I put him in the pool he just starts flopping around.He jumps off the stairs. He can’t get under the water fast enough. Every time I take him to the neighborhood pool, I get asked how old he is and if he’s in swimming lessons. His lessons involve throwing him in! He has no fear. 4. I hadn’t asked him to do the Popeye face in a long time, so I wanted to see if he still remembered it. He did.5. What does the alligator do? Chomp. Chomp.
6. Make a fishy face.7. He never pays attention to the TV in the house, but don’t try to talk to him in the car. He will look at you, shake his head ‘no’, and point to the DVD player. His current playlist includes: Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Baby Einstein sign language, and Praise Baby.8. He’s obsessed with shoes and can say “shoes”. One of his favorite past times is finding shoes in our closet and putting them on.9. He gives great kisses, but not just to people. He kisses dogs, pictures, books, the bathtub, his blankie, and Matt’s pager. Every kiss is followed by,“O-oohhhh”.
12. He loves “driving” the truck, Skeet’s Land Cruiser, and tractors. He also likes honking the horn and making a “vrooooom” noise.
13. He goes to bed around 8:30 or 9 and gets up at 6:30 or 7. Definitely not one of those kids that requires 11 or 12 hours of sleep. He naps after lunch for 2 or 3 hours.
14. “Ice” is his new favorite word. He eats ice like I eat m&m’s if they're around.
15. He went to the dentist yesterday for the first time. Not a planned visit. I noticed that one of his front teeth was chipped and couldn’t tell if it was cracked or not. We went to see Dr. Clint Fulks, at Fulks Family Dentistry. He was GREAT with Zane! Totally recommend him! Good news, no repairs needed right now.
16. He put one of his silly bands on Lola and thought it was super funny.
17. He loves to play with Parker Petty. And he really likes to ride Parker’s tractor.
18. He pants when you ask him what a puppy dog does.
19. Little Mr. Independent doesn’t want mom going up the slide with him. He turns arounds and shakes his head at me and says, “uh-uh”. Then he pushes me back down the stairs.