Thursday, November 29, 2012


Yes! That is Lightning McQueen, Red (aka "Brad") the Firetruck, and one of the tractors from Cars the movie!
Matt had a conference the second weekend of November in Anaheim, so we all decided to go and visit Disneyland....with Radiator Springs being our main stop.

The kids were so excited to get there that they didn't want to go back to sleep, even though we got up at 3am. Eventually we got them to take some short naps on the plane. I thought Hollin looked so funny riding in the car service.

I could focus on these aspects of the trip:

*It was cold and pouring down rain our first night at Disneyland

*Hollin got really sick

*she earned herself an expensive pair of Minnie Mouse pajamas from a gift shop after having a blowout diaper

*the combination of daylight savings time and traveling two time zones had the kids up every morning at THREE am.

*flying with a grumpy three year old and a sick one year old is not for the faint of heart

*Zane spilled a bright red drink on the carpet in our hotel room

*and he cried to ride this Teenage Mutant "Inja" Turtle ride that we saw at the mall. Like, would have chosen this over Disneyland. (Thanks Uncle Rico)

But I won't mention that stuff. Nope. I'll just say that I was super excited to finally see Disney for the first time. Our second day there was perfect! Sunshine and upper 60s. We had a great time! We spent all day at the California Adventure Park. Zane's favorites were Carsland (obviously) and Monsters, Inc.
Zane and Mr. "Uh-tato" Head
Eating at Flo's V8 Cafe

We got back to the hotel at 4pm and both kids crashed! For the night! Good thing we went to bed early because they were up waaaay before the sun the next day! They sure are sweet when they're sleeping.

I'm thankful that we were able to take this trip as a family. Memories made. Not planning any trips with two kids for a few more years....


1 comment:

HickChickBritt said...

I can't wait to be able to take Hayes to Disneyland, but I definitely think I will wait until he is 5 or so. That is how old I was the first time I went and I can still remember bits and pieces of it. What in the world did you guys do at 3am when the kids got up? haha