Friday, July 1, 2011

Matt & Sarah move to Wisconsin, Part 1

So long, Epernay Loop.  

225 Epernay Loop

A summary of the past two weeks of our lives, splattered with Zane pictures, of course.

Last Monday, June 21st, the first of two PODS was delivered to our house. The next one arrived on Tuesday. Our plan was to pack all week and leave early Saturday morning to drive up; however, the best laid plans…IMG_2187Matt packed allll day Monday-Friday. The attic was a nightmare and took most of his time. In the meantime, I worked on the inside of the house.  I packed everyday, except Thursday. By then my back was killing me, I had developed an awful cold, and just needed to rest. I didn’t hesitate to remind Matt that I was doing all of this while carrying another human with me the whole time! I spent Thursday with Zane, swimming, playing, and cuddling.IMG_2190Friday afternoon was the worst day of the week. I was tired and pretty emotional. And then my mom came to get Zane for the weekend. This meant saying goodbye to our baby boy for NINE days! He spent the weekend with my mom and then came back to Matt’s parents for the week. I know he’s had the time of his life and never needed for attention, but I’ve never been away from him for this long! Enough of this topic, I’ll cry again.IMG_2311Our big snag came on Friday afternoon. Once the two PODS were full, we realized we were also going to need  a UHaul trailer. Matt filled it with trash and headed to the landfill around 3:45. Guess what time it closed? 4pm.  Didn’t make it in time. So now we had this UHaul trailer FULL of garbage that had to be emptied before we could fill it back up with the stuff we were taking with us. Great. Plan delayed. Matt’s parents, Lindsey, Erik, Matt, and I spent Friday night (LATE) finishing up the garage, packing the house, and cleaning the now empty house. Matt, his dad, & Tyler went to the landfill early Saturday morning and then we headed back to the house, where my brother and Erik showed up once again to help.IMG_2306By 2 pm Saturday we were loaded up and ready to go. I wish I had a picture of that, but the camera was packed away somewhere. Needless to say, with Matt pulling the UHaul behind my Tahoe, and me driving the truck with the bed full of randoms, such as grill, lawn mower, chain saw, weed eater, brooms, etc….we looked like the Beverly Hillbillies headed to the big city.06-27-11951045Matt & I drove about six hours, to Mt. Vernon, IL, where we spent the night. And maybe the bed bugs really did bite. Gross. Sunday morning we got up and drove another six hours until we arrived at our new (temporary) home away from home away from home….the hotel.IMG_2315Our house won’t be ready until the middle of July, so we are living in a hotel until then. That, and the fact that I still need to find childcare for Zane, are the main reasons he’s still in Arkansas. BUT, DeeDee & Skeet are bringing him up here on Sunday for a visit!  I can.not.wait! I’m gonna squeeze him and kiss him til he begs for mercy!IMG_2329

No comments: