Tuesday, July 3, 2012

early mornings.


6am. We hear baby noises on the monitor. I grunt. Matt says, "Already? What do you want to do?"

"I got up at 10:30 and 4. Your turn."

"You want me to fix her a bottle?"

"Sure. Wait, no. She's just talking and playing. Just let her play awhile. Maybe she'll go back to sleep."

6:17am. Zane's door opens. This can't be good. He usually sleeps until at 7:30 or 8. Sometimes 8:30. So getting up this early equals bad mood by 11.

And then the sweetest sounds ever. Zane talking to Hollin and her laughing. Belly laughs.

Matt and I look at the monitor and can see Zane at the end of her crib playing peek a boo. And then making funny faces. You know the song about the little green frog? Mm Nn went the little green frog one day. Where you close your eyes and then stick out your tongue? That's the faces he was making. And she was so tickled. I wish I had it on video. I hope I actually remember it in ten years and it's not just something I read about.

We decided to just let them play for awhile. And by 7am, there was a dance party going on in our bed.

I don't like to get up early. But sometimes it's worth it.

 

1 comment:

Morgan Smith said...

that story of zane singing the frog song to her is precious! and the pics of them in that chair.... so so great.