And they are rapidly approaching. With our move to Madison just two short months away, it’s getting harder and harder to block all of these changes out of my head. I try not to think about them all at once, for fear that my head might explode. But maybe I should just put them all out there. A checklist of sorts. Let’s see if I can come with the top 10 changes/to-do’s/worries for the Bell family…..
1. Selling our house. Bittersweet. We really need to sell our house. SOON. But this makes me so sad. I love our house. This is the house I brought my baby home to. When we pull in the driveway, Zane always says, “Mama house, Dada house, Ane house.” I’m sad that it won’t be our house anymore.
2. Finding a place to live in Madison. We haven’t even really looked yet. See #1.
3. I still haven’t taken the MPJE (federal & state pharmacy law exam). This is my last step to getting my Wisconsin pharmacist license. Between working full- time and chasing a two-year old, I just can’t seem to find time to study.
4. Childcare. I have no idea what we’re going to do with Zane while we work. How do you look for childcare online? Not possible. This is really my biggest worry because Zane has only stayed with family and I worry about him adjusting.
5. Work. I’m about 99% sure I have a job lined up in Madison. but….see #3. And I’m hoping to work part-time but that’s dependant on #1.
6. Because #1 & #2 are still up in the air, we don’t even have an exact move date.
7. Because we have no move date (and nowhere to move to) we can’t schedule movers.
8. How are we going to get two vehicles to Wisconsin?? I know the obvious answer: drive. But I am NOT driving 800 miles ALONE with Zane Bell. nope.
9. Moving away from all of our friends and family to a place where I know NO ONE. Scary.