Friday, August 24, 2012

growing pains, hunger pains

Zane woke up last night around 10:30. He was crying. He kept saying his knees hurt. Poor little guy. He really was in pain. Matt and I can both remember having 'growing pains' as kids, but I guess I didn't realize that it happens so young. I got in bed with him and held him for a long time. Matt brought him a warm bag of peas to put on his knees. I got up to leave when he started snoring. He sat straight up and said, "I'm just gonna sit up now." He was so tired that he couldn't hold his eyes open and fell over. So I asked him if he wanted back on his pillow and rearranged him. Then he said, "Boom goes the pillow....." to the tune of "Pop Goes the Weasel". I asked him to repeat himself and he sang it again. "Boom goes the pillow...." He's so funny.

And this little monkey has been having some serious hunger pains. She's eating whole bananas, entire cartons of yogurt, and as much nectarine as I'll put in her mouth. She'll reach over and take gold fish right out of Brother's hand. This morning she slept later than ever. Well, she woke up at 6:09am, ate, but then went back to sleep until about 8:45am! Wow! I think she appreciates sleep (and food) just like me.


My biggest pain today has been trying to take a picture of these two together.


And my favorite

Oh, well....

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the posts. Love the pictures too - real life - trying to get two kids in the same picture is a miracle in itself. Keep the posts coming. Love and miss you, The Southernmost Bells. New Orleans is a lot further South than Arkansas!